Vista contains a new feature which allows users to decrease the size of partitions without any additional software. This tech-recipe will show users how to use this new feature found in Vista.
For those power users out there that have multiple OSs installed on multiple partitions, this will save them time, money, and hard drive space.
Previously, decreasing the size of a partition was only available by buying additional partition sizing software. Now Vista has this feature built-in this new OS.
How to Shrink a Partition in Vista:
1. Press Win+R to open the run box
2. Type in diskmgmt.msc and click OK
3. Press the Continue button if you need to grant permission
4. Right-click on the partition you wish to shrink
5. Select Shrink Volume…
6. Select your settings and click the Shrink button
Enjoy this wonderful new feature of Vista!