FlashGet (formerly JetCar) is specifically designed to address two of the biggest problems when downloading files: Speed and management of downloaded files. If you’ve ever waited forever for your files to download from a slow connection, or been cut off mid-way through a download – or just can’t keep track of your ever-growing downloads – FlashGet is for you. FlashGet can split downloaded files into sections, downloading each section simultaneously, for an increase in downloading speed from 100% to 500%. This, coupled with FlashGet’s powerful and easy-to-use management features, helps you take control of your downloads like never before.
FlashGet displays download progress in ranks of glittering dots, but its acceleration is not as pronounced as most. Its inability to start a download without confirmation makes for slow starts. We ran into difficulty locating configuration settings, a problem aggravated by a help system that apparently belongs to an earlier version. Nonetheless, the software managed and categorized our sample downloads efficiently. FlashGet supports over 30 languages!
Changes in FlashGet Version 1.8.8 (2007.06.15):
* Fixed the bug to restore download window when opening Torrent seeds
* Fixed the bug that errors occur when opening certain Torrents
* Fixed the bug that application exits automatically when downloading some eMule jobs
* Fix the bug that the upnp function for eMule module causes application freezing when startup
* Shortcut(ctrl+v) for search toolbar
* Updated Flash detection feature
* Other improvements